WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories from around Northern Westchester County last week.
- A settlement contract reveals that John Jay High School Principal Jessica Godin's resignation last month was over a "dispute," Daily Voice learned in a Freedom of Information Act request.
- Retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Patty Solimene Collins gave Byram Hills High School students a lesson on prosthetics .
- A Carmel man is facing a felony DWI charge following his arrest in Somers .
- Bedford police asked drivers to avoid certain roads during Bedford’s annual “Turkey Trot” 5K race on Saturday to ensure the safety of the runners and others.
- Tori Jarosz, a senior from Cortlandt Manor, has been named the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Female Student-Athlete of the week .
- Chappaqua Skaters help Skyliners Synchronized Skating Team get off to a strong start for the 2015-2016 competitive season.
- Westchester County Police are looking for two people they believe were involved in the murder of 76-year-old Linda Falkoff, who was found stabbed in her Pleasantville home last October.
- Peekskill Police are searching for a suspect who robbed three stores on Tuesday.
- The owners and operators of ATNM Corporation in Briarcliff Manor are facing felony charges for their roles in a scheme to defraud Westchester County businesses through false documentation.
- Westchester County Jail officials have reached an agreement with the government over the treatment of inmates in the Valhalla facility and the violation of their civil rights .
- Joaquin Reckons Garcia, of Yonkers, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Yonkers resident Luis Blanco, whose body was found by a jogger in Ossining back in August.
- A large portion of an airplane believed to have been carrying a South Salem couple when it crash landed last week was raised Sunday from the Titicus Reservoir in North Salem.
- New York State Police have arrested two women after the duo allegedly stole hundreds of dollar’s-worth of merchandise from a Mohegan Lake Walmart before threatening employees with a gun and fleeing in a getaway vehicle.
- Stop & Shop opened its new Mount Kisco store after purchasing it from A&P following the bankruptcy filing by A&P.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.