BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Briarcliff this week:
- CMS Bank and the Housing Action Council are working to provide Westchester County families mortgage loans under an affordable housing settlement . Several of the loans are for residences at Comstock Heights Condominium on North State Road in Briarcliff Manor.
- Eric Gaulin has been charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide in the shooting death of his 23-year-old girlfriend in his parents' Tarrytown home.
- "With Demetri's Help," is a foundation created to honor the memory of Demetri Demeropoulos, a Briarcliff Manor teenager who died after a two-year battle with cancer at the age of 18.
- John Murray, a 62-year-old parolee, was convicted in the murder of Peekskill cabdriver .
- Briarcliff residents may notice an increase in the presence of law enforcement personnel over the holiday weekend, as counter-terrorism efforts are stepped up around Passover and Easter in Westchester County.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.