BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Briarcliff this week:
- Briarcliff Manor School District approved the 2014-15 budget with a tax levy increase that is one of the lowest in all of Westchester.
- Suzan Zeolla of Briarcliff Manor is the new manager of the Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage office in Bedford.
- The arrest of Mount Pleasant Police Chief Brian Fanelli on charges of possession of child pornography promoted a probe that resulted in 71 arrests.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo selected former U.S. Rep. Kathleen C. Hochul as his running mate on the Democratic ticket.
- A Somers High School junior sophomore lacrosse player suspended from school after shouting racial remarks on four black female students.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.