OSSINING, N.Y. -- More than 500 runners and walkers participated in the 11th annual Ossining Matters 5k run/2-mile walk Sept. 21 to benefit the Ossining Matters Education Foundation.
Luis Francisco finished with the top men's time at 17 minutes and 24 seconds while Tara Entwistle paced the women with a time of 23 minutes and 33 seconds.
Proceeds raised from this event will benefit enriching programs in the Ossining School district. This year, Ossining Matters has sponsored several programs, including an anti-bullying program, a technology camp this past summer, gardening programs and technology applications for increasing literacy using new devices such as Google Chromebooks, iPads, and Kindles.
For more information on Ossining Matters, log on to http://www.ossiningmatters.org.
- 1 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge