OSSINING, N.Y. -- More than 500 runners and walkers participated in the 11th annual Ossining Matters 5k run/2-mile walk Sept. 21 to benefit the Ossining Matters Education Foundation.
Luis Francisco finished with the top men's time at 17 minutes and 24 seconds while Tara Entwistle paced the women with a time of 23 minutes and 33 seconds.
Proceeds raised from this event will benefit enriching programs in the Ossining School district. This year, Ossining Matters has sponsored several programs, including an anti-bullying program, a technology camp this past summer, gardening programs and technology applications for increasing literacy using new devices such as Google Chromebooks, iPads, and Kindles.
For more information on Ossining Matters, log on to http://www.ossiningmatters.org.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Accidents Cause Delays On I-287, Taconic State Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway
- 4 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Briarcliff Skies Sunday
- 5 Briarcliff Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday