OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining tennis star Jamie Loeb was defeated Tuesday in the second round of the Asics Easter Bowl in southern California.
Loeb, a senior at Ossining High School, was the top-seed in the tournament, according to the United States Tennis Association.
She lost to Brooke Austin, 5-7, 7-6 (7), 6-3, in the 46th annual competition.
Loeb is currently ranked number four nationally, according to Tennis Recruiting. She has made a verbal commitment to play at North Carolina next year.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Briarcliff; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Briarcliff, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Briarcliff