WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Even though the New York Knicks are letting fans have a say in the name of the Developmental League team coming to Westchester County, the organization has already filed trademarks for a few names, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The NBADL has filed for trademarks on the following names: The New York Plainsmen, the New York Hutch, the New York 914s, the New York Empire, and the New York 'Bockers, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Fans online submissions for potential names will remain open until Monday, March 24, the Wall Street Journal said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'