BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- The Briarcliff High School varsity baseball team played on the legendary Doubleday Field in Cooperstown, N.Y., in April.
The Briarcliff Bears played on April 16 and 17 at the field, which is near the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
"Many people recognize Cooperstown as the Home of Baseball," Cooperstown representatives said on the village's website. "We welcome thousands of visitors to the village each year to tour the National Baseball Hall of Fame and enjoy and/or partake in a game at Abner Doubleday Field."
The first significant competitive game played at Doubleday Field between adult teams occurred on Sept. 6, 1920, as part of a Street Fair celebration sponsored by the Cooperstown Chamber of Commerce.
"The use of the field has changed significantly over time. It once hosted Cooperstown Central School’s football team and continues to be the site of most of the High School’s baseball games," representatives said. "Each year hundreds of teams choose to visit the village in uniform and take it to the field."
Rye Neck and Scarsdale also had teams participating in games in Cooperstown.
You can view a photo gallery of the game here.
- 1 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Open Houses In Briarcliff Manor This Weekend
- 5 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case