BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Briarcliff Manor resident Frank McLaughlin, a standout basketball player and longtime athletic director at Fordham University, will be inducted into the school's Athletic Hall of Fame Jan. 26.
McLaughlin served as captain of the basketball team before becoming the assistant coach in 1970-71, helping the team to a 26-3 record and an NCAA Tournament appearance that year.
The Rams alumnus spent 27 years as athletic director before being promoted to associate vice president of student affairs for athletic alumni relations and external affairs. During his tenure, Fordham’s teams won 26 conference championships while its student-athletes maintained high graduation rates.
Former men's basketball coach Tom Penders, track and field superstar Kerstin Maike Greene, Jennifer Akerley (Rowing), Matteo Cucchiara (Track & Field), Paul Darrigo (Baseball), Michael Debany (Tennis), Michelle Maguire Kennedy (Swimming), Sara Kinney (Softball) and Wayne McGuirt (Basketball) are the other inductees.
Following the ceremony, the Hall of Famers will attend the Fordham-Rhode Island men's basketball game in the Rose Hill Gym at 1 p.m. with the new class being introduced to the crowd at halftime.
For more information on the 2013 Hall of Fame Day or to order tickets, visit the Fordham University website.
- 1 Briarcliff Resident Uses Appearance On ABC-TV Show To Help Fight Bullying
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash