BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. – Briarcliff High School's boys basketball team hosts Ossining Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. for a league match-up.
Thought they've stayed at the top of the Class B ranks for much of the season, the Bears have received a few scares lately from the likes of Irvington, Croton-Harmon, Pleasantville and Ossining. The Pride will once again have a chance to knock off Briarcliff, but will have to do so on the Bears’ home court.
Briarcliff bested Ossining, 66-59, on Jan. 11. The Bears, big man, Brian Daniels, led the team in that game with 32 points. Stephen Espinoza-Hunter was Ossining's top scorer with 19 points.
Daniels has been the dominant force for the Bears all season, and he showed why in the team's first meeting. when he accounted for nearly half of Briarcliff’s points. While he might not produce at that level on Wednesday, he will still likely be the key to a Bears win.
The Pride will likely have a hard time dealing with the size and post presence that Daniels brings to the court. It must rely instead on the play of Kayvon Murray, Noah Morton and Espinoza-Hunter to carry them through four quarters. If the nucleus of the team can knock down some outside shots, the Pride has a chance to leave with the win.
Briarcliff is undefeated at home this season and has only dropped two games overall, to Nyack and Byram Hills.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd