WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A six-member task force appointed by New York State Board of Regents Chancellor Merryl Tisch has made recommendations to improve the implementation of Common Core standards throughout Westchester County and all of New York State, according to CBS New York.
Some of the recommendations include allowing teachers to argue against termination based on students test performances as well as delaying the phase-in of Common Core regents exams until 2022 instead of 2017, CBS New York reported.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Parts Of Lower Hudson Valley
- 2 Briarcliff Manor Girl Goes To Soccer Development Program
- 3 Assessor Charged With Fraud In Town Of Ossining
- 4 Passenger Throws Heroin Out Of Car Window On Hutch, Say Police
- 5 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard