BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. -- A new ceramic mural designed by art students will greet students in the stairwell near the main office of Briarcliff HIgh School.
The student-artists in Jean Linville’s sculpture class used handmade ceramic tiles to create blocks of images based on the overarching theme of “BHS life,” with the artists individually expressing what the high school means to them.
The student-generated ideas came together in a colorful collage depicting musical, artistic, sports and graduation themes. The mural was created to appeal to and inspire both current and future students.
“Without the support of high school Principal Debora French and the custodial staff, this never would have been possible,” Linville said in a statement on the mural’s creation. “We needed a community to help make it happen.”
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Briarcliff's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 2 Tulip Road Is The Briarcliff Daily Voice House Of The Week