MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. -- Voters in Mount Pleasant approved the school district's proposed $55.7 million budget for the 2014-15 school year on Tuesday.
The school budget was passed 550-372.
In the school board election, Laurie Donato was elected with 652 votes, Edward Barnes with 453 and Eric Schulze with 527.
The new budget was up from the 2013-14 budget of $52.5 million -- an increase of 3.45 percent -- but came in below the state mandated cap of a 2 percent increase in the tax levy.
Property owners can expect to pay approximately $359 more in taxes next year.
- 1 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Country Club Shed In Briarcliff Manor Burns
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts