BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. -- Briarcliff High School is congratulating two students who received Scholastic's Art and Writing Regional Gold Key Awards.
Junior David Kaminsky and Sophomore Maya Ponzini won the awards for their oil painting submissions. The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, run by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, "identifies students with exceptional artistic and literary talent and presents their work to a national audience," representatives said.
"Maya’s work was floral in nature, while David created a landscape motif," Briarcliff school officials said. "Although both students enjoy working in a variety of media, painting in oils is their favorite form of artistic expression."
Teacher Roxanne Ritacco instructed both students in her college-level painting class.
“David and Maya are exceptional,” Ritacco said. “They are dedicated and really passionate about their work.”
- 1 Briarcliff Manor Ranked New York's Safest Place To Live
- 2 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 3 780 Pleasantville Road Is The Briarcliff Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Astorino's Son Fires Back At Cuomo, Attack Ad