BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- The Briarcliff Manor Board of Education is seeking six community members to serve alongside students and a teacher in an effort to help make Briarcliff greener.
The committee was formed in July to find ways to save money by making the district more energy efficient. The board sent out an eblast to residents late last month asking for volunteers.
The board wants the committee to identify:
- Electrical use savings and efficiencies
- Heating savings and efficiencies
- Weatherizing savings and efficiencies
- Lighting savings and efficiencies
- Green power initiatives such as solar power
- Recycling initiatives; and
- Composting initiatives
Applications to serve on the committee are due by Sept. 13.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.