BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- The Briarcliff Middle School library is bringing the spirit of March Madness to its students with "Battle of the Books."
When students come to the Briarcliff Middle School library this month, they can vote on their favorite books to determine the school’s favorite title, representatives said. Library media specialist Katherine McCabe organized the program.
Voting brackets have been established for students to choose the books they would like to see advance to the next round. Unlike the basketball tournament’s field of 68, the BMS library tournament begins with 16.
"Some of the books students selected are sports related, while others are fiction/fantasy, animated, realistic fiction and mystery," representatives said. "Students can vote every day and at the end of every week, votes are tallied and the winners move on to the next round."
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint Results In 12 Charges