BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- The Briarcliff Middle School Future City Club brought home an award from a regional competition.
The club won the Special Award for Best Communications System sponsored by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. While the club typically hosts between 20 and 30 members during Briarcliff Manor meetings, seven students made the trip to New York City for the regional competition.
The students answered questions from many different judges and three of the students presented a model city, "Bearsville," to a panel of judges, club representatives said. Future City is designed around the engineering design process of identifying problems, brainstorming ideas, designing solutions, testing, retesting and building and sharing results, representatives said.
- 1 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 2 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 3 Female Suspect From Westchester Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 Accident Takes Out Lane On Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola