BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.-- All three schools in Briarcliff Manor were identified as New York State Reward schools for the 2013-14 year.
Reward Schools are among the highest achieving schools in the state without significant gaps in student achievement.
The criteria to become a Reward School are meeting or exceeding the following:
- A combined un-weighted English language arts and math performance index in the top 20 percent of the state.
- A growth in student performance percentile above the state average for two consecutive years.
- The state’s definition of Adequate Yearly Progress for all student accountability groups for the past two years.
- A high school graduation rate exceeding 80 percent (based on the four-year cohort) along with graduation goals for at-risk students
- Growth levels for bottom quartile students.
In all, the state identified 359 Reward Schools for this school year.