BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y.-- All three schools in Briarcliff Manor were identified as New York State Reward schools for the 2013-14 year.
Reward Schools are among the highest achieving schools in the state without significant gaps in student achievement.
The criteria to become a Reward School are meeting or exceeding the following:
- A combined un-weighted English language arts and math performance index in the top 20 percent of the state.
- A growth in student performance percentile above the state average for two consecutive years.
- The state’s definition of Adequate Yearly Progress for all student accountability groups for the past two years.
- A high school graduation rate exceeding 80 percent (based on the four-year cohort) along with graduation goals for at-risk students
- Growth levels for bottom quartile students.
In all, the state identified 359 Reward Schools for this school year.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.