WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Several Westchester County towns, including Briarcliff, Lewisboro, Irvington and Pleasantville, were ranked among the safest areas in New York to live in according movoto.com.
Movoto.com ranked towns with a population of 5,000 or more in three categories: violent crime, property crime and chance that a resident will be the victim of a crime.
Briarcliff Manor was the highest ranking Westchester community at No. 2, followed by Lewisboro and Irvington at numbers 3 and 4, respectively.
Pleasantville rounded out the Westchester towns in the ranking at No. 6.
The top ranked town was Elmira, which is located south of the Finger Lakes near the Pennsylvania border.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Briarcliff Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield