BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Voters at the Congregational Church polling station had to cast ballots manually Tuesday morning because the church had no power.
There was no power at the Youth Center polling place early Tuesday morning either, but FEMA was expected to show up with a generator and get the polling place powered up, Briarcliff resident Susan Strawgate Code, who voted at the Youth Center, said.
When the first voters showed up at the Youth Center Tuesday morning, they were sent to the St. Theresa School instead to cast their ballots. When voters got to St. Theresa's, however, there were no voting machines and school personnel had no information about voting, Code said.
- 1 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says
- 2 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 3 Female Suspect From Westchester Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 Accident Takes Out Lane On Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola