BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Voters at the Congregational Church polling station had to cast ballots manually Tuesday morning because the church had no power.
There was no power at the Youth Center polling place early Tuesday morning either, but FEMA was expected to show up with a generator and get the polling place powered up, Briarcliff resident Susan Strawgate Code, who voted at the Youth Center, said.
When the first voters showed up at the Youth Center Tuesday morning, they were sent to the St. Theresa School instead to cast their ballots. When voters got to St. Theresa's, however, there were no voting machines and school personnel had no information about voting, Code said.
- 1 Briarcliff Father And Son Enjoy Take Your Child To Work Day
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Route 117 In Pleasantville
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester