OSSINING, N.Y. -- Students interested in pursuing a career in politics can get an early start by applying for an internship with the Westchester County Legislature.
Legislator Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) is accepting applications for spring and summer interns from the Ossining, Briarcliff and Croton Harmon school districts. Students would learn by doing, Borgia said, and would use critical thinking, writing and public seeking skills. The internship is open to high school and college students.
Interning at the Board of Legislators gives students an opportunity to gain an understanding of the legislative process, see firsthand how government works, familiarize themselves with working in an office setting, and hone their research skills, Borgia said.
Four students interned at Borgia's office last summer. Borgia called the experience "mutually rewarding and fun."
Letters of interest and resumes by high school and college students should be faxed to (914) 995-3884 or emailed Borgia@westchesterlegislators.com.
For more information, call (914) 995-2812.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Accidents Cause Delays On I-287, Taconic State Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Briarcliff on Wednesday
- 4 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 5 Accidents At I-684/I-84 Interchange, Taconic, Hutch, Cause Delays