YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- New York State Police charged a Yorktown man with leading troopers on a chase along the Taconic State Parkway on Tuesday, June 10, police officials said.
Troopers from the Stormville barracks allegedly observed a Toyota Camry driven by Michael J. Federici, 26, traveling at a high rate of speed. As troopers attempted to pull Federici over, he allegedly accelerated and exited the parkway onto Route 22, state police said.
The driver then fled from the vehicle, and the pursuit continued on foot, according to state police.
Federici was arraigned in Carmel Town Court and remanded to Putnam County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail. He is due to appear in Kent Justice Court on Tuesday, June 24, officials said.
- 1 Briarcliff Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Briarcliff