OSSINING, N.Y. -- Police and firefighters were busy Thursday afternoon securing a shaky church steeple at First Baptist Church on 1 Church Street.
Police closed off Church Street from Spring Street to South Highland Ave as firefighters responded to the scene.
According to the building department, the fire department was called in after debris was seen falling off the steeple. The building department said once the steeple is secured, a structural engineer will be called in to ensure everything is safe and is no longer a hazard.
Carina Salvador saw the steeple begin to shake.
"It was dangerous," Salvador said. "If it wasn't for the firefighters, it would've tipped over. It's not safe, it's an unfortunate situation. I hope they take care of it."
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Briarcliff; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Briarcliff, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Briarcliff Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs Briarcliff, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency