BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – Flames ripped through a 5,000-square-foot maintenance garage Thursday night at the Brandywine Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center at 620 Sleepy Hollow Road in Briarcliff Manor.
There were no injuries, but the building was a total loss, according to Briarcliff Manor Fire Chief Mike King.
The call was received by the fire department about 8:30 p.m., King said, and firefighters were still on the scene looking for hot spots at 10 p.m. A portion of Sleepy Hollow Road remained closed.
When firefighters arrived, the building was fully involved in flames, the chief said. Some 50 to 75 firefighters from five area departments battled the blaze.
King said a major problem the firefighters faced was that the nearest fire hydrant was 800 yards away.
King said it was too early to say what caused the fire.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Briarcliff HS Boasts Nine Semifinalists For National Merit Scholarships
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud