BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – Flames ripped through a 5,000-square-foot maintenance garage Thursday night at the Brandywine Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center at 620 Sleepy Hollow Road in Briarcliff Manor.
There were no injuries, but the building was a total loss, according to Briarcliff Manor Fire Chief Mike King.
The call was received by the fire department about 8:30 p.m., King said, and firefighters were still on the scene looking for hot spots at 10 p.m. A portion of Sleepy Hollow Road remained closed.
When firefighters arrived, the building was fully involved in flames, the chief said. Some 50 to 75 firefighters from five area departments battled the blaze.
King said a major problem the firefighters faced was that the nearest fire hydrant was 800 yards away.
King said it was too early to say what caused the fire.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Briarcliff; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Briarcliff, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Briarcliff