OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley M. Tierney of Ossining died Nov. 24. She was 79.
Tierney was born Sept. 14, 1933, in Ossining to Charles and Frances Partlow Stevens. She worked for Briarcliff Bus Co. and the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District for 40 years. She was one of the best women bowlers in Westchester County, her family said. She also loved golf and her many friends.
She is survived by a son, Robert (Pam); a daughter, Barbara Jeanne (Michael) Malone; a sister, Jean D’Angelo; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Leach & Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining. Burial will be private.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Area Residents Remain On High Alert After Signs Of Bear In Yorktown