OSSINING, N.Y. – Shirley M. Tierney of Ossining died Nov. 24. She was 79.
Tierney was born Sept. 14, 1933, in Ossining to Charles and Frances Partlow Stevens. She worked for Briarcliff Bus Co. and the Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District for 40 years. She was one of the best women bowlers in Westchester County, her family said. She also loved golf and her many friends.
She is survived by a son, Robert (Pam); a daughter, Barbara Jeanne (Michael) Malone; a sister, Jean D’Angelo; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Leach & Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining. Burial will be private.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Briarcliff Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Briarcliff School District Budget Passes
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining