BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – Scott D. Lewis, a Briarcliff Manor native, died Jan. 10 after a battle with cancer. He was 60.
The son of Burnham Macy Lewis and Molly Bernhard Carlee, he was raised on Round Hill Drive in Briarcliff Manor. He holds several records in basketball at Briarcliff High School. He also pitched for Little League and the All Stars while growing up.
Lewis graduated from the University of Colorado, where he continued to play basketball and study art. He spent 32 years in Boulder, Colo., before moving to Golden, Colo., three years ago with his wife of 13 years, Jeanne Walsh Lewis.
He enjoyed playing basketball, cooking, painting and telling his favorite stories.
Lewis is survived by his wife; three stepchildren, Rachel Simmons, Adam Catz and Ryan Catz; six siblings, Babette Lewis, Shawne (Jaybee Lewis) Beavers, Timothy Lewis, Townsend Lewis, Megan Lyman and Burnham (Turk) Lewis; a grandson and many nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at Foothills Chapel in Golden. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Denver Hospice.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Accidents Cause Delays On I-287, Taconic State Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Briarcliff on Wednesday
- 4 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 5 Anne Frank's Stepsister Eva Schloss Speaks At Tarrytown Event