BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – Scott D. Lewis, a Briarcliff Manor native, died Jan. 10 after a battle with cancer. He was 60.
The son of Burnham Macy Lewis and Molly Bernhard Carlee, he was raised on Round Hill Drive in Briarcliff Manor. He holds several records in basketball at Briarcliff High School. He also pitched for Little League and the All Stars while growing up.
Lewis graduated from the University of Colorado, where he continued to play basketball and study art. He spent 32 years in Boulder, Colo., before moving to Golden, Colo., three years ago with his wife of 13 years, Jeanne Walsh Lewis.
He enjoyed playing basketball, cooking, painting and telling his favorite stories.
Lewis is survived by his wife; three stepchildren, Rachel Simmons, Adam Catz and Ryan Catz; six siblings, Babette Lewis, Shawne (Jaybee Lewis) Beavers, Timothy Lewis, Townsend Lewis, Megan Lyman and Burnham (Turk) Lewis; a grandson and many nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at Foothills Chapel in Golden. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Denver Hospice.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Briarcliff's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 2 Tulip Road Is The Briarcliff Daily Voice House Of The Week