BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Ronald H. Alenstein of Briarcliff Manor died March 8. He was 73.
Alenstein was born Sept. 22, 1940, in Washington, DC, to Charles and Edythe (Straus) Alenstein. He was a graduate of Washington and Lee University and Harvard Law School. He was a litigation partner at Shea & Gould for 26 years. Later, he was a partner at D'Amato & Lynch, and ended his career as a partner at Ingram, Yuzek, Gainen, Carroll, and Bertolotti, all in New York City. He served on the Briarcliff Manor Zoning Board of Appeals from 1998 to 2014, the chairperson since 2006. He was a member of the New York Harvard Club for 45 years.
Alenstein is survived by his wife, Mary Raymond Alenstein; children, Abby (James) Langehennig of Dix Hills and Alec P. (Helene) Alenstein of Briarcliff Manor; four grandchildren; and sister, Marla (Robert) Michel of Baltimore, Md.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 13 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at the Waterbury & Kelly Funeral Home. Memorial Service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, March 14 at Briarcliff Congregational Church, 30 South State Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510. 914-941-4368.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Briarcliff; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Briarcliff, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Briarcliff