BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Patricia Diane Monahan Wetzel of Briarcliff Manor died Saturday, July 12. She was 73.
Wetzel was born April 15, 1941, in New Brunswick, Canada, to Dr. Richard Monahan and Agnes Monahan. She graduated from Manhattanville College in 1963, and then settled in Westchester County. For over 45 years, she resided in Briarcliff. She taught CPR as well as classes in arts and crafts, played guitar at St Ann's Church.
Wetzel is survived by her husband, Hon. William A. Wetzel; daughters, Christine Wetzel (Lou) and Carolyn Townsend (Daniel); son, Richard (Sandy); seven grandchildren; twin brother, Richard Monahan (Joan); brother, Gerald Monahan (Sue); and sister, Rosemary Monahan (Stef). She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Monday, July 14 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. at the Waterbury & Kelly of Briarcliff Manor, 1300 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, N.Y. 10510. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m.Tuesday, July 15 at St. Theresa's Church, Briarcliff Manor.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Briarcliff SPCA (www.spca914.org) at 590 N. State Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510.
- 1 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 2 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 3 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours