BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Patricia Diane Monahan Wetzel of Briarcliff Manor died Saturday, July 12. She was 73.
Wetzel was born April 15, 1941, in New Brunswick, Canada, to Dr. Richard Monahan and Agnes Monahan. She graduated from Manhattanville College in 1963, and then settled in Westchester County. For over 45 years, she resided in Briarcliff. She taught CPR as well as classes in arts and crafts, played guitar at St Ann's Church.
Wetzel is survived by her husband, Hon. William A. Wetzel; daughters, Christine Wetzel (Lou) and Carolyn Townsend (Daniel); son, Richard (Sandy); seven grandchildren; twin brother, Richard Monahan (Joan); brother, Gerald Monahan (Sue); and sister, Rosemary Monahan (Stef). She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Monday, July 14 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. at the Waterbury & Kelly of Briarcliff Manor, 1300 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, N.Y. 10510. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m.Tuesday, July 15 at St. Theresa's Church, Briarcliff Manor.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Briarcliff SPCA (www.spca914.org) at 590 N. State Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Accidents Take Out Lanes On Taconic, Route 9A
- 3 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 4 Crash On Taconic State Parkway Causes Stop-And-Go Traffic Both Way
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes