BEACON, N.Y. - Mary Viola, a resident of Beacon and former longtime resident of Briarcliff Manor, died Saturday, May 10. She was 78.
Viola was born Feb. 14, 1936, and was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Archibald Balloch. She immigrated to the U.S. around 1961. After her marriage she moved with her family to Briarcliff Manor around 1972. She was a retired office worker and supervisor at Westchester Valve and Fitting, formerly of Briarcliff.
Viola is survived by her children, William (Leeann) and Dianne (Rui) Alves; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, William.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Dorsey. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 14 at 10 a.m. at St. Ann's Church, 25 Eastern Ave., Ossining. (914) 941-2556. Interment at Dale Cemetery, Ossining.
- 1 Briarcliff Man Charged In Theft Of Credit Cards From Two Gyms
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among Nation's 'Smartest'
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Driver Hospitalized After Crash On 9A Ramp Off Saw Mill