BEACON, N.Y. - Mary Viola, a resident of Beacon and former longtime resident of Briarcliff Manor, died Saturday, May 10. She was 78.
Viola was born Feb. 14, 1936, and was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Archibald Balloch. She immigrated to the U.S. around 1961. After her marriage she moved with her family to Briarcliff Manor around 1972. She was a retired office worker and supervisor at Westchester Valve and Fitting, formerly of Briarcliff.
Viola is survived by her children, William (Leeann) and Dianne (Rui) Alves; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, William.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Dorsey. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 14 at 10 a.m. at St. Ann's Church, 25 Eastern Ave., Ossining. (914) 941-2556. Interment at Dale Cemetery, Ossining.
- 1 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 2 State Police Warn Briarcliff Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Fatal Crash On Sprain Brook Parkway Snarls Morning Commute
- 5 Taconic State Parkway Stretch Reopens After Closure