BEACON, N.Y. - Mary Viola, a resident of Beacon and former longtime resident of Briarcliff Manor, died Saturday, May 10. She was 78.
Viola was born Feb. 14, 1936, and was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Archibald Balloch. She immigrated to the U.S. around 1961. After her marriage she moved with her family to Briarcliff Manor around 1972. She was a retired office worker and supervisor at Westchester Valve and Fitting, formerly of Briarcliff.
Viola is survived by her children, William (Leeann) and Dianne (Rui) Alves; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, William.
Calling hours are Tuesday, May 13 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Dorsey. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 14 at 10 a.m. at St. Ann's Church, 25 Eastern Ave., Ossining. (914) 941-2556. Interment at Dale Cemetery, Ossining.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Accidents Take Out Lanes On Taconic, Route 9A
- 3 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 4 Crash On Taconic State Parkway Causes Stop-And-Go Traffic Both Way
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes