BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. - Frederick Bange of Briarcliff died Monday, June 2. He was 91.
Bange was born Oct. 28, 1922, in Langerfeld, Germany, and was the son of August and Elizabeth Bange. He was a graduate of Ossining High School and a graduate of Stewart Tech College of Aeronautics. He was also a graduate of Ridde-McKay Aero College.
He was a veteran of World War II and was a captain in both the British Royal Air Force and the U.S. Army Air Force. He was the recipient of the Air Medal and the Distinguished Flying Cross. He owned and operated Hillikers Department Store in Ossining and Towncliff Casuals in Briarcliff. He was also a member of a variety of community organizations.
Bange is survived by his sons, Gregory (Elaine) and Jeffrey (Gail); four grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and longtime companion, Virginia Pomoell. He was predeceased by his wife, Jean Hilliker; and sister, Ann Jowitt.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 4 from 5 to 8 p.m. The Funeral Service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, June 5 at Dorsey Funeral Home. The Interment is to follow at Dale Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Bethel Nursing Home.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Briarcliff
- 3 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Briarcliff, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Briarcliff; Blizzard Warning Issued