BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Eleanor Lennon of Briarcliff Manor died March 30. She was 94.
Lennon was born April 28, 1919, in New York City, to Edward and Eleanor Mooney. She was raised in New York and was a graduate of Mount St. Vincent College. After her marriage she moved from the Bronx to Briarcliff Manor in 1954. She was a longtime parishioner of St. Theresa's Church.
Lennon is survived by her sons, Roger (June), Terence (Diana), and Michael Lennon; daughters, Alice and Diane Lennon and Eleanor Peterson; 10 grandchildren; a great-grandson; nieces and nephews; and family friend, Julia Kirby. She was predeceased by her husband, Roger; and sons, Kevin, Peter and Brendan.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 3 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Waterbury and Kelly Funeral Home, 1300 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510, 914 941 1600. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 4 at St. Theresa's Church on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor.
Contributions may be made in Lennon’s name to The Little Sisters of the Poor, Jeanne Jugan Residence, 2999 Schurz Ave. Bronx, NY 10465.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Clintons Make First Joint Public Appearance Since Hillary Enters Race
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says