BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Eleanor Lennon of Briarcliff Manor died March 30. She was 94.
Lennon was born April 28, 1919, in New York City, to Edward and Eleanor Mooney. She was raised in New York and was a graduate of Mount St. Vincent College. After her marriage she moved from the Bronx to Briarcliff Manor in 1954. She was a longtime parishioner of St. Theresa's Church.
Lennon is survived by her sons, Roger (June), Terence (Diana), and Michael Lennon; daughters, Alice and Diane Lennon and Eleanor Peterson; 10 grandchildren; a great-grandson; nieces and nephews; and family friend, Julia Kirby. She was predeceased by her husband, Roger; and sons, Kevin, Peter and Brendan.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 3 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Waterbury and Kelly Funeral Home, 1300 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510, 914 941 1600. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, April 4 at St. Theresa's Church on Pleasantville Road in Briarcliff Manor.
Contributions may be made in Lennon’s name to The Little Sisters of the Poor, Jeanne Jugan Residence, 2999 Schurz Ave. Bronx, NY 10465.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Accidents Take Out Lanes On Taconic, Route 9A
- 3 Dick Crabtree Of Chappaqua, Owner Of The Kittle House, Dies At 84
- 4 Crash On Taconic State Parkway Causes Stop-And-Go Traffic Both Way
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes