BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Angela Miata of Briarcliff Manor, and formerly of the Bronx, died June 24. She was 91.
Miata was born Nov. 26, 1922, to John and Lucy (nee Laurenzano) Schettino in New York City.
Miata is survived by her sons, Vincent (Roseann) Miata of Rye Brook, John (Denise) Miata of Valhalla and Joseph Miata of Hamden, Conn.; five grandchildren; and two great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph Miata; and brothers, Leonard, Chippy, Joseph, Anthony and Frank Schettino.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 26 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home, Hawthorne. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, June 27 at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. Interment at the St. Raymond's Cemetery, the Bronx.
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Sprain Brook Parkway Checkpoint Results In 12 Charges