BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. - Alison VanIngen Bankes of Briarcliff Manor died Sunday, April 20. She was 65.
Bankes was born April 8, 1949, to Schuyler and Elizabeth VanIngen of Manhasset. She graduated from Briarcliff College in Briarcliff Manor. She was a teacher at The Todd School for 38 years in Briarcliff Manor. She was a member of the Dobbs Ferry Garden Club and a member of the Ardsley Curling Club.
Bankes is survived by her friend, Gregory Molesworth; sisters, Judith, Kristine, and Marion; and a niece and a nephew. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Ralph A. Bankes Jr., of Garden City.
The celebration of Bankes’ life will be held at 12 noon at the Emanuel Lutheran Church, 197 Manville Road, Pleasantville, NY 10570, with a reception to follow at the church.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to SPARC Inc., Special Program and Resources Connection; 3045 Gomer St. Yorktown, NY 10598. (914) 243-0583.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Briarcliff's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 2 Tulip Road Is The Briarcliff Daily Voice House Of The Week