BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – John Mezzatesta, a lifetime member of the Briarcliff Manor Volunteer Fire Department, died March 21 at the age of 38. He had been recently diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.
Mezzatesta coached for the Briarcliff Little League and St. Theresa's Church CYO Basketball League.
He graduated from Briarcliff High School in 1992 and received a bachelor's of science degree in political science from Florida State University.
In 2008, Mezzatesta started his own company, Advanced Multi-Line Services, which he ran for three years.
In January 2012, he was hired as strategic accounts manager for Gold Bond Inc. Throughout his career, Mezzatesta earned several awards, including Bic Graphic President's Club of Sales and Zone Manager of the Year for three years at Adva-Lite.
An avid boater and fisherman, Mezzatesta held a captain's license and was certified in CPR and as a lifeguard. As a volunteer firefighter, he enjoyed taking center stage during fire safety week at local elementary schools.
Mezzatesta is survived by his wife of 11 years, Rachel; his children, J.P. and Mandy; his parents, Diane and Tony of Briarcliff Manor; his brothers, Anthony (Debbie) Mezzatesta of Forest Hill, Md., and Chris (Pamela) Mezzatesta of Mt. Kisco.
- 1 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 780 Pleasantville Road Is The Briarcliff Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Sleepy Hollow Country Club Shed In Briarcliff Manor Burns
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts