WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police and local law enforcement agencies throughout Westchester County will step up DWI enforcement between Friday and Monday, Feb. 3, according to a State Police statement.
“During this campaign period, drivers
can expect to see sobriety checkpoints, dedicated DWI enforcement patrols, underage drinking and sales to minors details across New York State," Superintendent Joseph A. D’Amico said in a statement. "Our troopers will also be working to keep motorists and pedestrians safe on New York’s roadways by identifying drivers who are illegally using hand held devices while driving."
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration offered the following tips to have a safe Super Bowl weekend:
- Designate your sober driver, or plan another way to get home safely before the party begins.
- If you don’t have a designated driver, then ask a sober friend for a ride home; call a cab, friend, or family member to come and get you; or just stay for the night.
- Use your community’s sober ride program.
- Never let friends drive if they have had too much to drink.
If you're hosting a Super Bowl party:
- Make sure all your guests designate a sober driver in advance, or arrange for alternate transportation to ensure they get home safely.
- Serve food and include non-alcoholic beverages at the party.
- Stop serving alcohol at the end of the third quarter of the game and begin serving coffee and dessert.
- 1 State Police Warn Briarcliff Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Briarcliff Overnight