WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Sleepy Hollow man faces up to 25 years in state prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter charges in the 2013 strangling death of his wife, according to the Westchester County District Attorney's office.
Christopher Howson, 50, pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree manslaughter and one count of first-degree strangulation, according to DA's office.
At approximately 3 a.m on Jan. 5, 2013, Howson, a computer software programmer, called 911 stating that he had just strangled his wife, a part-time staff attorney for Bronx Legal Aid Society, and believed that she was dead.
Police and EMS personnel responded and removed the victim to Phelps Memorial Hospital where she remained on a ventilator for four days.
She died on Jan. 9, 2013 when she was taken off life support.
The defendant was arrested at the scene and has been in jail since his arrest. Sentencing will be on July 16.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Briarcliff
- 3 Briarcliff High School Senior Recognized For Her Jewish Teen Leadership
- 4 Open Houses In Briarcliff Manor This Weekend
- 5 Briarcliff Manor Student Aids In Last Minute Girls Lacrosse Game Win