WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A one-car accident early Friday morning in the Bronx just over the Westchester border tied up traffic on Interstate 95 for the rush hour commute.
A report on abclocal.go.com said the accident occurred at 5:30 a.m. on the northbound New England Thruway at Exit 13 in the Eastchester section. Lanes re-opened, but rubbernecking delays were reported.
The report said nine people were rushed to Jacobi Hospital with critical injuries as a Cadillac Escalade slammed head-on into a wall near the exit ramp, the report said. Entrance and exit ramps to the Thruway were closed to investigate the accident.
- 1 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 2 Briarcliff Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Briarcliff