WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Friday morning commuters traveling on Route 9 near the Tappan Zee Bridge and on a stretch of the Bronx River Parkway experienced heavy delays.
A stretch of Route 9 was closed in both directions after a rollover accident involving an SUV between Sunnyside Lane on the Irvington/Tarrytown border and the junction to I-287 and I-87. The incident, which occurred early in the morning commute, was cleared by 8 a.m.
There are also delays on the Bronx River Parkway.
An accident reported at 8 a.m. has resulted in the right lane of the southbound BRP between Fisher Lane and Old Tarrytown Road being blocked.
An exit ramp on the northbound parkway is closed at Crane Road in Scarsdale.
Road construction has also reduced the BRP to one lane between Crane Road and Ardsley Road.
- 1 Briarcliff Resident Uses Appearance On ABC-TV Show To Help Fight Bullying
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director