BRAIRCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Braircliff Manor Village Manager Philip E. Zegarelli has a full list of happenings to report on, including everything from news from the Recreation Advisory Committee to Con Ed gas main work.
- The Recreation Advisory Committee: Has set an informal public meeting to discuss the rehabilitation and ongoing planning for the reconstruction of the Pavilion. This meeting is open to the public and will be held at Village Hall on Tuesday, at 7:30 p.m.
- Hydro-Pneumatic Pump Station Testing: Testing has been highly successful: as part of a monthlong series of tests, we are using the new pump station and have “valved off” the Kings College tank from use. High-pressure Fire Department testing is ongoing. We believe only minor discoloration has occurred. The testing is important since our new, state-of-the-art pump station will be carrying the current and future water supply and demand to higher-elevation zones. This includes enhanced pressure for fire protection.
- Con Ed Gas Main Work: V arious gas main work is in process. The key areas are the Mulberry to Poplar section project; the North State east-west underground work under the Route 9A intersection has begun with nighttime work.
- Law Park/Pavilion Fire Update: No major new thresholds to report … just steady work securing the Pavilion deck, painting the work railing, groundskeeping and pool deck level prep work for Memorial Day.
- From Village Hall: The Westchester County Mobile Shredder is returning on Saturday, April 9, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. The shredder will be stationed near the front of the Youth Center: 5 Van Lu Van Road. Residents can bring up to 4 file-size (10-by-12-by-15-inch) boxes of confidential papers per household. Remove all large binder clips and covers. This is for the disposal of personal household papers. Business, institutional or commercial papers are not acceptable and will be rejected, as will any junk mail, magazines or newspapers.
- Mayor and Board of Trustees: The next regularly scheduled session is Wednesday, April 6, at 7 p.m. This is also the annual reorganizational meeting.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.