BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. -- Briarcliff officials opened the bids for the “selective demolition” of the village's fire damaged pool pavilion earlier this week and awarded the contract to the lowest responsible bidder, according to Village Manager Philip E. Zegarelli’s latest report.
The work primarily includes the take-down the pavilion super structure, major additional clean-up, protective measures for the remaining portions as well as enhanced safety barriers.
Insurance proceeds will be funding this phase. Initial meetings are being held to mobilize the workforce and equipment with a “ready-to-proceed” during the week of Feb. 15.
Bids for the rehabilitation of the lower level pool facilities are due Feb. 16 to enable the pool and summer camp to be fully up and running before the Memorial Day opening. Officials are also working on the reconstruction and upgrade plans for the pavilion itself.
In other village news:
Photography exhibit: Up Close & Far Away, runs to Feb. 29. The exhibit features photography of Susan Cember and Heidi Fuhrman. It celebrates slices of reality that may be missed in our everyday virtual lives.
- Mailing Labels with Mail Merge- Thursday, Feb. 11, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Friday Night at the Movies, Friday, Feb. 12: “Bridge of Spies” rated PG at 7 p.m. at the library.
Parks and Recreation:
- The ice skating rink remains closed.
- Platform tennis is underway. Visit www.briarcliffmanor.org for information and permits.
- Children in K to 9, July 5 to Aug. 5.
- Multi-Sport Camp, grades 4-6
- Travel camp, grades 7 -9.
Details on all camps will be available in early March.
The W/S and M/BOT meeting is set for Wednesday, Feb. 17 at 7 and 8 p.m. respectively.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.