BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Responses to request for proposals to dismantle the “super structure” of the pool pavilion at Law Memorial Park in Briarcliff Manor down to its stone faced concrete piers are not due for 10 days,
according to Village Manager Philip E. Zegarelli's latest report.
Experts will double check that the 14-inch pavilion floor (“roof” of the pool facilities) can be rehabilitated.
The Village hired an architect to review the 16 year-old plans to the pavilion to bring it into code.
In other village news:
From the library:
- Women & Wealth: The Confidence to Pursue Your Goals. Thursday, Jan. 28, 7 to 8 p.m. Learn about the eight powerful ways to help maintain financial control.
- Author Reading: “One of These Days: The Life and Times of Ralph Kramden” by Wayne Michael Winfield: Sunday, Jan. 31, 2 to 3:30 p.m. (rescheduled date).Winfield will read from his short story published in the New England Review.
- My First Book Club for second and third-graders: Tuesdays, Jan. 26, Feb. 9, 23, Mrch 8, 5:15 to 6 p.m. Must register by email to Amy Kaplan at email@example.com or call (914) 941-7072.
- Preschool Science Lab for ages 3 and older: Saturday, Jan. 30, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Hands-on experiments.
- Historic map display: Briarcliff Manor and the local area through Jan. 31.
From Parks and Recreation:
- Ice Skating Rink: Permits are needed.
- Platform tennis: Permits are needed.
M/BOT Board Session : Feb. 3, 7 p.m. work study, meeting begins at 8 p.m.
Road construction: Work has been approved with no start date set for road construction at Route 9A and North State Road.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.