BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- A request for proposals to dismantle the “super structure” of the pool pavilion at Law Memorial Park in Briarcliff Manor down to its stone faced concrete piers is out for bid, according to Village Manager Philip E. Zegarelli's latest report.
The pavilion was destroyed by fire in December.
There will be potential bidders around the site to enable them to prepare a competitive bid.
Other experts will double check that the 14-inch pavilion floor (“roof” of the pool facilities) can be rehabilitated.
An architect will review the 16-year-old plans to the pavilion to bring it into code as part of the overall planning and design process.
The pool and pool deck facilities are targeted for completion by the traditional Memorial Day opening and enhanced summer camp operation.
In other village news:
From the Library and Community Center:
- News Anxiety: How to Understand Your Own Thoughts and Feelings in Order to Help Your Children Understand Theirs , Tuesday, Jan. 19, 6:30-8 p.m. with Coren schwartz, a psychotherapist. This presentation for parents will provide tools on how to approach children about events in the news.
- Author Reading: “One of These Days: The Life and Times of Ralph Kramden” by Wayne Michael Winfield, Sunday, Jan. 24, 2-3:30 p.m. Michael will read from his shot story recently published in the New England Review. The story treats Ralph Kramden of The Honeymooners’ fame as a real person whose inner life is revealed through events in the 1950s.
- Historic maps of Briarcliff Manor and the local area from the collection of the Briarcliff Manor-Scarborough Historical Society will be on display on the second floor of the the library to Jan. 31.
From Recreation and Parks:
- Ice skating rink: Ready for play. Check with Recreation department for the schedule. Ice skating permits are necessary.
- Tennis: The season is underway. Permits must be purchased.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.