OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Town Board is considering proposals from both Westchester County and the Ossining Police Department for protection and enforcement in the unincorporated area for the next four years, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ossining Police Capt. Scott Craven pointed to OPD's high percentage of local officers who grew up in the area and their ability to speak several languages. County police Sgt. Jeffry Weiss countered by reminding board members that the county police have been serving the area in many ways for several years, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Briarcliff Manor Ranked New York's Safest Place To Live
- 2 Report: Westchester HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 3 780 Pleasantville Road Is The Briarcliff Daily Voice House Of The Week
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Astorino's Son Fires Back At Cuomo, Attack Ad