OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Town Board is considering proposals from both Westchester County and the Ossining Police Department for protection and enforcement in the unincorporated area for the next four years, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ossining Police Capt. Scott Craven pointed to OPD's high percentage of local officers who grew up in the area and their ability to speak several languages. County police Sgt. Jeffry Weiss countered by reminding board members that the county police have been serving the area in many ways for several years, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Advisory Issued For Smoke Odor Caused By Mount Pleasant Mulch Fire
- 2 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 5 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician