OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Town Board is considering proposals from both Westchester County and the Ossining Police Department for protection and enforcement in the unincorporated area for the next four years, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ossining Police Capt. Scott Craven pointed to OPD's high percentage of local officers who grew up in the area and their ability to speak several languages. County police Sgt. Jeffry Weiss countered by reminding board members that the county police have been serving the area in many ways for several years, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 2 Briarcliff Ranks Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Briarcliff School District Budget Passes
- 4 Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Depositors In Ossining
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit