OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Town Board is considering proposals from both Westchester County and the Ossining Police Department for protection and enforcement in the unincorporated area for the next four years, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ossining Police Capt. Scott Craven pointed to OPD's high percentage of local officers who grew up in the area and their ability to speak several languages. County police Sgt. Jeffry Weiss countered by reminding board members that the county police have been serving the area in many ways for several years, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Accidents Cause Delays On I-287, Taconic State Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Properties In Westchester, Report Says
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Briarcliff on Wednesday
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester