OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Ossining Town Board is considering proposals from both Westchester County and the Ossining Police Department for protection and enforcement in the unincorporated area for the next four years, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ossining Police Capt. Scott Craven pointed to OPD's high percentage of local officers who grew up in the area and their ability to speak several languages. County police Sgt. Jeffry Weiss countered by reminding board members that the county police have been serving the area in many ways for several years, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Briarcliff
- 5 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge