OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining's Anne M. Dorner Middle School and Ossining High School have been recognized for work in the Charles L. Brient Center's STAR program through Leaders for Life.
Ossining Mayor William Hanauer presented AMD Middle School with a proclamation noting the excellence of the school. County Legislator Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) also noted the school's excellence and named Saturday, Jan. 25 as AMD Day, school officials said.
The STAR Program through Leaders for Life is coordinated through volunteers who give back to the community through tutoring AMD students after school.
Sandy Galef also presented a New York State Assembly Citation for AMD's work in Technology, and work to embrace diversity in supporting students in various afterschool clubs.
On behalf of AMD, Principal Regina Cellio expressed pride and honor to be a part of our school and the Ossining community, according to school officials.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Accidents Cause Delays On I-287, Taconic State Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact Briarcliff on Wednesday
- 4 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 5 Anne Frank's Stepsister Eva Schloss Speaks At Tarrytown Event