OSSINING, N.Y. -- A group of Ossining parents traveled to Albany on Tuesday, Jan. 14, to participate in a rally coordinated by the Alliance for Quality Education.
The organization is dedicated to "ensuring a high quality public education to all students regardless of zip code", according to its website.
In addition to their participation in the rally, the group also met with local legislators to talk about the concerns they have regarding the district’s current allotment of state aid.
The Alliance for Quality Education thanked the following parents for their efforts: Elisabeth Galef, Rachel Kranitz, Stephanie Lynn Kleiman, Vanessa Nyoni, Lisa Rudley, Rachel Simon and Stacey Trap.
- 1 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Briarcliff; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Briarcliff, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Briarcliff