BRIARCLIFF, N.Y. – Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Briarcliff this week:
- New Superintendent James Kaishian met families at the Briarcliff Manor Middle School Library. Kishian accepted the superintendent position following the departure of Neal Miller.
- A Tarrytown woman was found dead after gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street. The woman was identified as Karen Brown, 45. Police do not suspect any foul play and are still investigating.
- Westchester residents' frustration grows as the government shutdown enters its second week with no end in sight. Residents are worried about the long-term impact of the shutdown.
- Pace University Professor Ellen Mandel has been named Volunteer of the Year by the Greater New York City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen after 23 years as an active team leader for the organization’s Race for the Cure in Central Park.
- 1 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Briarcliff
- 5 Briarcliff High School Student Publishes Novel With Dad