WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Metro-North announced at 9:45 p.m. Thursday that power has been restored and trains have returned to service with delays following signal issues that stopped trains.
Passengers on the stopped trains were stranded on the rails since about 7:45 p.m., Metro-North said.
Trains were running on all lines -- New Haven (Conn.), Hudson and Harlem -- except on the Danbury (Conn.) branch, it said.
The trains were running on delays and with huge backups in the system.
All trains and services had been halted after the computer system that controls the trains went down at about 7:45 p.m.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 2 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 3 Accidents Cause Delays On I-287, Taconic State Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway
- 4 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Briarcliff Skies Sunday
- 5 Briarcliff Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday