BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – This week's village manager’s report for Briarcliff Manor gave the following announcements, including Memorial Day Weekend events and updates on construction, field-use, communication and water main flushing.
Memorial Day Events
- The Friends of the Briarcliff Manor Public Library host its annual BMPL K Run (and walk) starting Monday at 8:30 a.m. For more information, visit www.BMPLfriends.org.
- The annual Memorial Day Parade will step off along Pleasantville Road near Poplar Road at Monday 12 p.m. ending at Law Park with formal ceremonies at the Veteran’s Monument.
- The Village Pool Facility will be open for the 2013 season on Sunday and Monday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
VBM Fields Update
- As a result of recent heavy rains, most fields need a lot of time to dry out. The Club Field is closed all weekend and there is to be limited use of the other fields.
- The village is phasing in additional links in order for residents to receive/retrieve important information. The police department is initiating a new service to access important, valuable community information through the Nixle Community Information Service. Delivery is via text, email and/or web messaging.
- As a reminder, a private contractor will begin sanitary sewer work soon at Old Sleepy Hollow Road (at the north end of Pocantico Lake) with its eventual connection at Chestnut Hill Lane. Water and sewer connections associated with the “445” North State affordable housing project will also start next week. While traffic controls are to be maintained by the contractors, delays and stoppages are expected occur.
Water Main Flushing
- Phase 1 hydrant flushing of primary transmission mains is almost complete. Individual areas or street flushing will begin late this spring and into the summer.
DPW's Organic Transfer Area
- As a reminder, the DPW’s Organic Transfer Area continues for all residents and landscapers.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.