OSSINING, N.Y. -- Jug Tavern of Sparta is set to host a walking tour of the Sparta neighborhood on the south end of Ossining on Sunday, March 9.
The tour will begin at 1 p.m. at the tavern on the corner of Rockledge Avenue and Revolutionary Road. The tour will kick off with the video “The Battle for Sparta.” Participants will then walk about six blocks through the neighborhood learning about the historic homes in the landmark district and wind up back at the tavern.
Alan Stahl, a historian who serves as president of the Jug Tavern, Inc., will lead the tour. Jug Tavern Inc., is a nonprofit that operates the historic building at the entrance to the Sparta community. The tour is free, but participation is limited to 20 people.
For a reservation or further information, residents can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Future tours are scheduled for April 6, May 18, June 8, July 13, and Aug.10.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 David Rockefeller Donates $4M For Mount Pleasant State Park Preserve
- 3 Briarcliff High School Student Publishes Novel With Dad
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Briarcliff