OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Armonk's Offenberg Charged With Fraud In Ossining Assessment Scheme
- 2 Briarcliff Manor Girl Goes To Soccer Development Program
- 3 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 4 IRS Warns Briarcliff Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Westchester County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin