OSSINING, N.Y. -- A State Supreme Court Judge has denied a request from residents near Teatown Lake Reservation to stop the proposed shooting of deer that are overpopulating the area, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown plans to use sharpshooters to keep balance in the area's ecosystem. A permit was issued to have as many as 75 deer killed, but officials said the number would be closer to 30, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Man Charged With DWI In Briarcliff Wrong-Way Crash
- 2 ESPN Writer Fears Search For Missing Son 'Will Not End Well'
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Briarcliff
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Briarcliff
- 5 Briarcliff Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm